Get started with Landed Cost for ShopifyGet the app for duties, taxes, and fees at checkout.
With this app, you can show the carrier and service levels of your choice with all the duties, taxes, and brokerage fees included at the time of checkout. Zonos handles the shipping calculations and gives you added flexibility with your international shipping options.
Install the app
- Visit the Zonos Duty & Tax app page on the Shopify App Store.
- Click Add App on the App Store page. You will then be taken to your Shopify admin.
- From within the Shopify admin, review the requested app permissions and click Install App.
Create a Zonos account
- Once the app has been installed, you will be automatically taken to the Zonos settings page within your Shopify admin.
- On the Zonos Duty & Tax settings page, click Create Zonos Account.
- You will be taken to Zonos Dashboard to create and set up your account. Follow the steps on that page to complete your Zonos account setup.
- Make sure you have shipment ratings configured in Zonos Dashboard. Without this, Zonos cannot properly calculate landed cost on your Shopify store.
Zonos will auto-classify items with no HS code to provide a classification during the checkout. When providing a quote, we will first look to Catalog for the HS code, then to the product listing in Shopify. If neither are present, we will auto-classify the item during the checkout. The default HS code will only be used if the auto-classification times out. Auto-classifications will not be added to your Catalog.
Connect your accounts
- In your Shopify admin, go to Apps -> Zonos Duty and Tax.
- Click Save.
- Select which annual Zonos plan you need.
- Approve the charges.
Set Zonos as a carrier
Once you have connected your accounts, click Enable in the app settings in Shopify. Zonos will be added to your Shopify shipping zones as a carrier by default. If you previously removed Zonos from your Shopify shipping zones, you can add it back by doing the following:
- Log in to your Shopify admin.
- Go to Settings -> Shipping -> Manage Rates.
- Click Add Rate on the zone you want to add Zonos to.
- Select Use carrier or app to calculate rates.
- Select all of the Services listed.
- If you only want to offer certain services, you can choose which services you want enabled/disabled in Dashboard -> Settings -> Shipping rates -> shipping zone.
- Check the box under Future services: “Automatically show new shipping services to customers when they become available.”
- Click Done.
- Click Save.
Test your integration
- Add item(s) to your cart. We recommend using a higher value (above the de minimis) to ensure that duties and taxes will be due for the order.
- Click Checkout.
- Add an international address to your checkout. (Note: If you are connected to an API for shipping rates, you will need to use a real address or you will not get quotes back.)
- Click Continue to shipping.
- If set up correctly, you will see Zonos quotes (including duties and taxes) in your shipping methods offered.
What product details are recommended and passed to Zonos from Shopify?
While Zonos can generate quotes with very little product information, providing additional details enhances the accuracy of our calculations. However, due to constraints in retrieving data from the Shopify platform, Zonos may not receive certain information due to platform availability.
Zonos recommends providing the key product details listed below to improve accuracy, identifying which details Shopify can pass versus what needs to be mapped or added to Zonos Catalog.
- Weights - Received from Shopify
- Dimensions - Not received, needs to be added with Catalog.
- HS codes - Received from Shopify
- Country of origin - Received from Shopify