International paymentsUse Zonos to process international payments.
Learn how to use Zonos Payments which can support the processing of international payments in 142 different currencies.
Zonos matches Stripe credit card and debit card fees. Stripe’s pricing is 2.9% + 0.30 USD (+1% for international cards). Most orders with Zonos are paid with non-US, international card. The effective percentage charged is the same as using Stripe directly (3.9% for international credit card).
|Transaction type||Fee amount|
|Price per transaction||0.30 USD|
|US credit card||2.9%|
|International credit card||3.9%|
- Get daily payouts as soon as 2 business days after the capture date
- Reduce manual errors with automated calculations
- Simplify accounting processes with easy-to-download reconciliation reports
A key reason for cross-border cart abandonment is the inability to pay in the customer’s local currency. The customer disadvantages of this include:
- Extra costs upward of 5% or more in currency markups and credit card fees.
- Due to currency fluctuations, customers can lose money on full refunds, e.g. returns or cancellations.
- Customers do not love surprises.
- International payments are captured in the local currency with a guaranteed USD payout.
- Local payment methods are also available, including Apple Pay and Google Pay.
What if I want to use my own payment processor with Checkout?
This option is not available with Checkout, but you can tie into our Landed Cost API. If you are using Magento 2, BigCommerce, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, or Shopify, our Duty & Tax plugin is also available for integration. Please reach out to us directly for more information.
What is "Link"? Why is it shown on the checkout page?
Link is a one-click payment option created by Stripe that allows shoppers to save their payment information and use it instantly across hundreds of thousands of websites using Stripe for payments. Zonos Checkout supports Link, but it is not required to use Checkout. For more information, see Link's website.