UPS account connectionPull rates direcly from your UPS account.
Easily connect directly to your UPS account with a secure one-time sign-in through Zonos Dashboard. Our integration with UPS uses their API to pull your live shipping rates so you get the most accurate shipping and landed cost calculations. In order to use this feature, you will need to follow the guidelines outlined in this document or in the video walkthrough at the end to connect your account and then enable UPS service levels in your shipping zones and, as always, test to ensure it's working properly.
Locate your most recent UPS shipping invoice
Locate your most recent UPS shipping invoice, as it is required to connect your UPS account in Zonos Dashboard. It is important to use your most recent invoice and no other to get the proper information to connect your UPS rates to Zonos.
Connect your UPS credentials to Zonos
When attempting to connect to your UPS account, if the incorrect information is entered three times, you will be locked out, unable to attempt to connect to your account for 24 hours.
Log in to Dashboard.
Go to Settings on the left sidebar.
Select Shipping rates.
Click Connect carrier account.
Enter information for the following requested fields:
Account/shipper number (use the Shipper number from your UPS invoice).
PERSONAL INFORMATION ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR UPS ACCOUNT
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
SHIPPING ADDRESS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR UPS ACCOUNT (see PDF for clarity)
- Street address
- ZIP code (only the first five digits)
If the personal information that you entered above and your UPS shipping information are different, select the check box next to [ ] My contact information above and my UPS shipping information are different, which will expose three new fields to fill out. We recommend selecting this option even if the information is the same, just to be safe.(see PDF for clarity)
- Account postal code (only the first five digits)
- Account name
Select the check box next to [ ] I have a recent invoice on this UPS account (within 90 days) option and fill out the fields under this option - Although this says “within 90 days” this must be your most recent UPS invoice:
- Invoice number
- Invoice date (enter as 01/01/2021 format, not the format on the invoice)
- Invoice charges for this period (use the Amount due this period numberfrom your UPS invoice)
- Control ID (only applicable to U.S.-based organizations)
Under Rates customers will see at checkout, you will choose between the following options:
Your negotiated rates with UPS (recommended)
- Typically lower-than-retail rates that you have negotiated with UPS
Retail UPS rates
- Standard UPS rates
Select the check box next to [ ] I have read and agree to the Zonos Terms of Service, UPS Technology Agreement, UPS Rate, Service Guideline, and Tariff.
Click Save to finish.
Important note: When entering details into Zonos Dashboard from your most recent UPS Delivery Service Invoice, the information needs to match exactly what is on your invoice, i.e. Information, capitalization, punctuation, and abbreviation. We recommend copying and pasting the information directly from the UPS invoice into the fields in Dashboard to ensure you enter it correctly. If you do copy and paste, be sure you don’t grab extra spaces with the info you are copying. See PDF for clarity about which invoice fields correspond with the fields in Zonos Dashboard.
Start using your UPS rates
Now that you have your UPS account connected, you will need to do the following to begin using your live UPS rates for shipping quotes:
- Create shipping zones - Shipping zones allow you to have different service levels, rules, and shipping rates for different countries or groups of countries.
- Enable UPS service levels - Enabling service levels in the zones that you want to use them in allows you to offer different service levels to different zones.
- Test your shipping - Test your shipping to make sure everything is working properly and being displayed as intended before being used in production or going live on your website.
You must have item weights set for each item in your shopping cart platform in order to get accurate shipping quotes. If you have items or boxes larger than 11” on any side, your items may need to be calculated with dimensional weight to get accurate quotes. Please contact support for options.