DHL Express billing
Learn how to download your DHL customs shipping documents and dispute DHL charges.
Shipping disputes can be an inconvenience, but they are easier to manage when you can easily find your online customs shipping documents and confirm what the problem is.
DHL has tools that enable users to download images of the commercial invoice, in-country clearance documentation, etc. Although you'll almost always get a copy of the commercial invoice at a minimum, the availability of the forms varies from shipment to shipment. When it comes to analyzing and resolving duty and tax discrepancies, these forms are extremely valuable.
The steps below outline how to obtain these files:
- Login to mybill.dhl.com
- Select Search from the menu items at the top of the screen.
- Enter the Air waybill (AWB) number into the air waybill search field and select Search. This will populate all invoices tied to that shipment.
- In the Invoice Type field, select Duty Invoice to display all of the invoices (or documents) attached to this AWB.
- Find the AWB number that you’d like to download documents for and select Image in the download column. This will pop up a new window titled Waybill Downloads.
- Select Customs to download all relevant customs forms for that shipment. The files should automatically download for you, but they will also be located in the downloads section of the website if you need to access them later.
- Share the files with the appropriate people.
So you’ve found that your clearance charges may be inaccurate. Don’t worry; it happens. This can be due to an error in classification, currency conversion, etc. Thankfully, DHL offers some great tools that allow you to dispute those charges online instead of waiting to speak to a rep. Keep in mind that you can only dispute charges online for invoices that have not been paid yet.
Below are instructions for disputing charges:
- Repeat steps 1-3 in the above list.
- Select the invoice you’d like to dispute to display all of the invoices (or documents) attached to this AWB.
- Check the box next to the AWBs that you’d like to dispute, which will surface a Dispute button.
- Select **Dispute **and follow the prompts; supply the necessary details about why you are disputing the charges.
Although DHL offers tools that allow you to dispute inaccurate charges, you'll never have to worry about this with Zonos Landed Cost Guarantee. We 100% guarantee the amount of duty and tax charged at the time of checkout, and we will handle and cover any discrepancy that may occur.
Frequently asked questions about DHL Express billing:
How long does it take to receive refunds from disputes?
If Zonos is so accurate, why would I need a Landed Cost Guarantee?
Once the package leaves your warehouse, a lot can happen:
- A customs agent may decide they don’t like your description or HS code and assign another, which could change the amount owed.
- Unexpected storage, quarantine, or other government fees
- Human error
- Missing or incorrect HS codes added to your products