Migrate to the new CheckoutExisting users can easily migrate to the new Checkout.
Our new Zonos Checkout experience is a complete rewrite of our legacy Checkout. It is designed to be more modern, more flexible, and more customizable than the legacy Checkout. It also includes a number of new features that were not available in the legacy Checkout, such as better theme customizations, more payment methods, one-click checkout options, and no more redirecting.
By migrating, you will be able to take advantage of all of the new features and ongoing improvements to Checkout. We highly encourage you to migrate to the new Checkout as soon as possible, as our legacy Checkout experience is no longer supported and will be sunset in the future.
There are a few things to consider before migrating to the new Checkout:
- Using the new Zonos Hello is required for the new Checkout. Hello allows Checkout to smartly route international shoppers to the correct location, ensuring they don't end up on your domestic checkout. Migrating Hello is easy and can be done in minutes.
- Extensive custom rules with branching logic are not supported. If you have any existing complex custom rules, you may need to reconfigure them in the new Checkout. We are happy to assist with this process if needed, and have already migrated the vast majority of custom rules for our customers.
- We've taken care to ensure as many settings and customizations you may have set up previously are migrated over. These include most custom rules, promo codes, custom messaging and country settings.
- Migrating will not affect your existing landed cost, Classify, or shipment rating options. Anything you have set up there, including buffers, custom carrier fees, etc. will be automatically carried over.
Migrating to the new Checkout shouldn't negatively impact your shoppers in any way. A few things that savvy shoppers may notice include:
- Shoppers will no longer be redirected from your site to one hosted by Zonos. This will make the checkout experience feel more seamless and integrated with your site.
- Out of the box, the new Checkout will look and feel a lot more modern and familiar to shoppers. The new Checkout is also more customizable, so you can make it look and feel exactly how you want to fit into your brand.
- New payment options will be available to shoppers, and relevant local payment methods will be automatically surfaced.
Currently the new Checkout is in beta, and as such you will need to reach out to our Product to get started. Our team responsible for the new Checkout will work directly with you to see if you are a good fit and assist with integrating.
To get started, reach out to email@example.com. We will then work with you to get you set up with the new Checkout.
Once you have migrated to the new Checkout, your Dashboard settings for Checkout will also be updated to allow you to configure all of the new functionality. We encourage you to review the new Checkout settings and configure them to your liking.
Zonos is also able to assist with migrating back and forth between the legacy Checkout and the new Checkout experience. If you would like to migrate back to the legacy Checkout, please contact Zonos support and we will be happy to assist you.
Once you have migrated to the new Checkout, we recomend testing it to ensure that everything is working as expected and that everything is configured properly. See our testing guide for extensive instructions on how to test Checkout.
If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns about the new Checkout experience, we highly encourage you to reach out to Zonos Support and they will get you in touch with either our CS team or our Product team. We are always looking for ways to improve Checkout and your feedback is invaluable to us.
Is there a specific deadline for migrating?
While we highly encourage that you migrate to the new Checkout, there is no hard deadline for migration currently. This may change in the future, but you are welcome to continue using the legacy Checkout for the time being. We would, however, encourage you to migrate to take advantage of the new features and ongoing improvements to Checkout.
Will migrating affect my conversion rates?
Migrating to the new Checkout shouldn't negatively impact your conversion rates. You may see some savvy return customers notice the new Checkout experience but we've designed the new Checkout to be as familiar as possible to your shoppers.
Can I move back to the legacy Checkout once I migrate?
You can move back to the legacy Checkout at any time, but we ask that you provide some brief feedback on the reasons why you prefer the legacy Checkout so that we can continue to improve the new Checkout experience. Our long term plan is to sunset the legacy Checkout, but we have no solid end-of-life date yet.
Does migrating cost anything?
Migrating to the new Checkout is free and there are no additional fees for using the new Checkout.
Does the new Checkout support Shopify?
Due to Shopify's hostile approach towards third-party checkout providers, we are unable to support Shopify at this time with the new Checkout, and don't forsee being able to offer Checkout for Shopify in the future.
If you are on Shopify, we highly recomend implementing our Shopify Duty and Tax plugin which will give you the ability to collect duties and taxes directly in the native Shopify checkout. Our Landed Cost app for Shopify will also allow you to use Hello to greet your international shoppers and provide them with a localized shopping experience.
How can I tell if I am using the legacy Checkout or the new Checkout?
The easiest way to tell if you are using the legacy Checkout or the new Checkout is to look at the URL of the Checkout page on your site. If the URL contains
iglobalstores.com, you are using the legacy Checkout. If the URL is just your domain name, you are using the new Checkout.
Why are you making me migrate to a new Checkout? I liked the old one just fine.
We're glad to hear you have enjoyed using our legacy Checkout experience so far! We have been working hard over the last few years to modernize and improve all aspects of our technical infrastructure to be more robust, easier to maintain, and faster to build new features in. Our legacy Checkout experience has been a great product for us, but it was built on top of a very old codebase that was difficult to maintain and improve. We decided to rewrite Checkout from the ground up to be more modern, more flexible, and more customizable. We also took this opportunity to add a number of new features that were not available in the legacy Checkout.