Singapore GST settings - Extended OVR Regime
Learn how to activate low-value goods and services tax (GST) collection for your store.
Activate your low-value goods and services tax (GST) collection for your store by adding your Singapore GST number in Dashboard when you exceed Singapore’s registration thresholds. If you do not add your GST number, then Zonos will not collect GST from your Singaporean customers on low-value orders. Learn more about Singapore GST compliance in our guide.
If you meet the registration thresholds but don't want the hassle of registering and remitting, you can use the Zonos Landed Cost guarantee service, which will handle Singapore OVR registration, reconciliation, reporting, and remittance, allowing you to skip the steps below.
- Log in to Dashboard -> Settings -> Tax IDs.
- Click the dropdown below Add a new tax ID and select Singapore.
- At this point, you can add your Singaporean GST number and exemption option.
There are currently two versions of the Singaporean GST that we support based on your registration and exemptions with OVR:
- Default: Zonos assesses value and calculates tax based on the item value only when the item costs 400 SGD or less. This means each individual item’s value is used to determine if it is low-value as opposed to all the items in the order or the cost of the order plus shipping (CIF - cost insurance freight: the cost of goods plus shipping).
- Consignment: Zonos assesses value and calculates tax based on the CIF value on the entire order where that value is 400 SGD or less.
If your tax registration is not yet complete you may use a placeholder number of your choosing. Adding a tax ID in Dashboard is what triggers Zonos to start collecting GST from your Singaporean shoppers. Please remember to come back and add your real tax ID once you have it.
- Click Save once you have entered your GST number and selected your exemption type.
Once you have entered your GST ID in your Dashboard account, we will ensure that it is transmitted properly each time you process a shipment to Singapore via Dashboard. This includes:
Passing the GST ID electronically for courier shipments to Singapore
Denoting items that have GST paid on the commercial invoice for shipments to Singapore
Including the GST ID and denoting items that have GST paid on the CN22/CN23 for postal shipments to Singapore
Calculating and collecting GST on all low-value orders for Singapore
- These orders are not subject to duty
- You must retain the money collected in GST for these orders to remit later to the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS)
Even if you do not have a tax ID added, GST and duty will still be collected on orders over 400 SGD if your store is set to pre-collect duties and taxes. You will need to ship these orders with duties and taxes prepaid (DDP/DTP) and have the duties and taxes billed back to yourself. You will not need to remit the GST collected on these high-value orders to the IRAS. It will be collected from the carrier during customs clearance.
If you added a placeholder number and are ready to add your correct tax ID number, or if you need to edit your tax ID, you can do so in Dashboard.
Go to Settings -> Tax IDs.
Under Tax IDs, select Edit next to your Singapore GST number.
- Enter the correct Singapore GST number and click Save.