Check for restrictionsVerify item restriction status with Restrict.
The Zonos Item Restriction API enables users to verify if any items that are being shipped are restricted from export or import by the destination country. Items are restricted for import or export based on the regulations put in place by government agencies. Parties that violate these restrictions can be subject to financial penalties. Our API consumes HS Codes and country data for shipped items and will flag any prohibitions, restrictions, or observations associated with those items in the shipment.
Check if an item is restricted
To see if an item is subject to a restriction, you can follow the instructions below to do so via the API or in Dashboard.
- Go to Dashboard -> Products -> Restrict.
- Click Check restriction.
- Select the ship from and ship to countries.
- Enter the HS code or use Classify to retrive it by describing the item.
- Select the country of origin.
- Select the restriction type.
- Click Start check.