Input fieldsBoost classification accuracy with input fields.
Discover how Zonos Classify enhances HS code classification accuracy using input fields. Explore detailed input field definitions, their purposes, and how to effectively fill out input fields to improve accuracy. Various usage methods include API, bulk upload, and HS lookup tool.
An input field is used to pass product information to Classify. There are three ways to use input fields:
- API: Read more about how to request a classification in our API reference docs
- Bulk upload: Available in Dashboard -> Classify -> Bulk classification
- HS lookup tool: Available in Dashboard -> Classify
Classify efficiently and automatically classifies products. While only a description is required to generate a classification, the more info you provide the more accurate your classification will be. Correctly formatting and inputting product information is critical for precise classifications. This document provides a comprehensive explanation of each input field accepted by Classify. By understanding these input fields, you can maximize their usage and generate highly accurate classifications.
Before learning about the fields used by Classify it’s important to note the following:
- Though Classify only requires a description, we recommend adding as many fields as possible. The more information provided, the more accurate your classifications will be; all fields left blank will be ignored.
- If using bulk Classify, we advise adding a unique identifier (ID or SKU) so that you can easily identify and consume the HS codes once classified.
Classify input field definitions
The following list defines each Classify input field:
- Product ID (optional) - Your product ID or any number that can be used to uniquely identify each product. If a product ID is not provided, Classify will assign product IDs starting with 1
- Name (required) - The name of the product
- Description (optional) - An in-depth, long-form description of the product
- Image URL (optional) - Link to an image of the product. Note: Make sure you use a link to the actual image URL and not the product page URL
- Category (optional) - General product category, e.g. Clothing & Accessories, Pet Supplies, Office Products
- Subcategory (optional) - A subdivision of the main category, e.g. Baby Clothes, Pet Beds, Adhesives & Tape
- Material (optional) - What the product is made from, e.g. plastic, wood, steel
- Country of Origin (optional) - The two-letter abbreviation (ISO code) for the country of manufacture or production of the product
- Provided HS Code (optional) - Include an existing HS code in your classification request to guide your request. Depending on your preference and the origin of your provided HS code, Classify can validate the HS code and check its coherency against the item's description details
- Destination country (optional) - Identifies which country the product will be classified to. The destination country must be displayed with each country’s two-letter abbreviation (ISO code) and not the actual country name, e.g. AU, not Australia. Including this field will power Classify to return an 8+ digit country-specific HS code instead of the universal 6-digit code. Learn more about the differences between universal and country-specific HS codes.
If you’re uploading your bulk request CSV in Dashboard, the destination country will not be part of the template rather you will select your destination country(ies) after you upload your bulk request CSV.