Payments setupSet up customer payment options for Zonos Checkout.
Payment options must be set up so that payments can be processed when customers place orders with Checkout. Available payment options are Zonos Payments (required), PayPal, GooglePay, and ApplePay. Each option has specific steps and requirements that need to be followed for proper integration.
Zonos Payments uses Stripe Connect to allow shoppers to enter their credit card information directly into the checkout page. This is required for most Checkout integrations. Follow the steps below to enable Zonos Payments.
Sign up for Zonos Payments
- Go to Dashboard -> Settings -> Payments and click Sign up.
- Enter your bank information, then click Save.
Validate your account
- Click on Validate account. You will be taken through Stripe’s validation process.
- Input your business information: business address, phone, website, EIN, and industry. This information must match what is on file with your bank account.
- Input your personal information (must be completed by the owner or someone authorized to sign on your company’s behalf): legal name, birthday, home address, phone, and social security number or an alternative form of identification. Stripe requires your personal information as part of their mandatory identification requirement due to policies instituted by their financial partners and regulators.
- Acceptable forms of identification: Passport; driver’s license; state-issued ID card; resident permit ID/U.S. green card; border crossing card; child ID card; NYC card, U.S. visa card; and birth certificate
- Once Stripe verifies your information, you will see a confirmation page. Click Done.
After you have successfully gone through Stripe’s validation process, you will be taken back to Dashboard -> Payments. Under Zonos Payments, you will initially see “Verification pending” as the status. Within a few minutes, the status should change to “Zonos Payments Active.” If it does not change, reach out to email@example.com or, if you are in onboarding, reach out to your Project Manager.
When you enable PayPal in Checkout, you will use Zonos' PayPal account, then Zonos will send the funds to you. If you also use Zonos Payments, we will send your PayPal funds through Stripe. As of March 2023, all new Checkout integrations must use Zonos Payments. If you have only set up PayPal in your Checkout, we will send your funds via an ACH transfer to your bank account.
If you already use Zonos Payments and want to enable PayPal, all you need to do is email our support team (or, if you are in onboarding, email your Project Manager) to ask them to enable it for you.
GooglePay is only present in Checkout when using the Google Chrome web browser.
To see GooglePay as a payment option in Checkout, the shopper must adjust their Chrome settings according to the following steps:
- In Chrome, go to Settings by clicking the three vertical dots in the top right of your browser.
- Click Manage your Google account.
- Click Manage payment methods.
- Click Add a payment method.
- Enter your card details and card billing address.
- Click Save.
Once the shopper has saved a credit card in GooglePay, GooglePay will pop up as a payment option in Checkout when they use Chrome.
ApplePay is only present in Checkout when using the Safari web browser.
ApplePay can be enabled through your Stripe account by our support team. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like ApplePay enabled for Checkout. If you are still onboarding, reach out to your Zonos Project Manager.