Last updated on October 9th, 2020 -
Introducing Zonos Dashboard
We’re happy to announce that our new Dashboard, previously in beta, is finally rolling out to wider availability. This new Dashboard will serve as a new, unified web experience to manage your Zonos account settings and orders with our new feature packed Dashboard.
Why create a new Dashboard?
The new Dashboard is designed to replace our legacy web portals, theVerse and app.zonos.com. These two systems share a lot of the same legacy code that has become unmaintainable over the years, making it much harder for us to fix bugs and introduce new features as the pace we’d like to. Additionally, due to their age they are unable to provide the type of user experience we would like to offer our customers, such as taking advantage of modern web features and speed, notably.
In order to unify these web experiences and create a solid base to expand on in the future, we have opted for an extensive rewrite. We are excited to share the results with the world, and think we’ve created a speedy, slick, and easy to use experience for our customers.
You’ll immediately notice Dashboard’s speed compared to our previous web experiences. Page load time has been dramatically reduced, as well as the time it takes to do different things within the system.
Differences between Dashboard and app.zonos.com
Dashboard is quite a bit more streamlined than what you may be used to in app.zonos.com. We’ve carefully thought out every screen and designed them to allow you to do what you need to do with the bare minimum of handholding, overhead, and intrusiveness. The result is a web experience that just gets out of your way and lets you do your job. Because of this, we’ve taken some features out, combined others together, and simplified the rest – allowing you to not have to think about the software itself, but rather just be able to dive in and do what you need to do.
Aside from the previously mentioned speed of the system, there are a few new notable changes:
- Includes access to our new Quoter product, totally rebuilt to provide the fastest and most accurate landed cost quotes in the industry.
- Includes access to our new Shipping Labels, which allow you to easily create labels for your international orders that work with customs – including UPS Worldwide Economy support.
- New finance features – an improved Billing Overview which shows your recent invoices, allows you to change your card on file easily, and see exactly what you’re paying for, as well as improved Statements/Payouts to see what and how you are being paid exactly.
- Much improved search functionality.
- Ability to upload your Catalog and customize how Zonos uses your items for better calculations.
- and much more…
What happens to app.zonos.com?
As of today, we are considering app.zonos.com as deprecated, with an official sunset date of January 20, 2021. This means that we are not requiring that anyone immediately switch to our new platform and you will be able to access the app until January 20. Just know that going forward, all bug fixes and new features will apply only to Dashboard, as we are no longer supporting it actively. We recommend moving to the new Dashboard sooner, rather than later, so that you are not caught off-guard when it goes away.